Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) is one of the largest not-for-profit multi-academy trusts in England. Multi-academy trusts are charities that run schools to give local children a great education. We educate 29,000 pupils across six English regions, in 30 secondary schools, 7 primary schools and 1 special school. We are one of the longest established Trusts and have been sponsoring academies since 2009. Our mission is to become the Trust that makes the biggest difference, both inside and outside the classroom. When we think about what kind of difference we want to make, this is defined by our three core purposes, which are to teach and develop our pupils, while we effect change so that we can create schools where no one is disadvantaged.
Our very first school was sponsored by Ormiston Trust, a national charity formed in 1969. Ormiston Trust was founded with a view to improving the life chances of young people. This philanthropic principle informs all of our work and has been the foundation for the ongoing success achieved across our academy network.
Ormiston Trust continues to invest grant-funding in our schools in many areas.
For more information visit www.ormistonacademiestrust.co.uk or follow us on social:
Watch the OAT video
The OAT Enrichment Charter
To underline our commitment to enrichment, we have developed the OAT Enrichment Charter. We want every OAT student to have the opportunity, through this charter, to:
- Experience arts and culture
- Experience live sporting events
- Visit British places/regions outside their local community
- Experience cultures and countries outside the UK through overseas trips
- Be a good neighbour in their local community
- Gain valuable experience of work
- Develop their character
- Make a positive contribution to society
- Develop lifelong interests and skills for life
- Learn outside the classroom